The Orthopaedic Department offers:
24 hour Emergency Department
Sport Injury Clinic
Invasive Spinal Surgery Clinic
“Healthy feet contribute to our daily quality of life”
The health of the foot plays a significant role in proper posture and gait and consequently adds comfort to our daily live.
This usually becomes evident when severe pain and discomfort when walking is experienced. Conditions like bunions or hammer toes are common. Moreover, the consequences of injury can lead to problems in the foot and ankle joint such as instability after a torn ligament and osteoarthritis after a fracture.
This category includes common sport and championship sport injuries.
Diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis can also cause pathological deteriorations in the foot over time which lead to functional problems and pain.
A wide spectrum of effective conservative and interventional foot methods are used to treat patients.
The appropriate use of specialised technical means also assists in the diagnosis treatment of the illness, even when in the early stages.
Dr. Loukas Konstantinou, who specialised in foot surgery in Germany, is available twice per week at the Foot Clinic of the Central Clinic.
Call 210-3674000 to make an appointment or come and visit us at the Foot Clinic.
We ensure that all patients are fully informed about the cause of their condition and the conservative or interventional treatment required.
We look forward to welcoming you to our clinic.
Pathological Morphological Deterioration
- Open interventional treatment of pathological changes in the foot including the bunion.
- Arthroscopic method, diagnostic and therapeutic.
- Arthroplasty ankle joint, joints and small joints in the foot, in cases of severe deterioration.
- Conservative or interventional repair and post-operative treatment for breaks, torn ligaments and sports injuries.
- Special plaster casts, creation of special insoles based on foot scan results.
Foot Clinic Hours
Tuesday and Thursday 9.00h - 11.00h
Conservative and interventional treatment
Ankle and Foot
- Clinical Examination
- Foot scan
- Evaluation of MRI and CT Scans
- Pain relief through posture and gait correction
- Special orthopaedic insoles
- Local Injections
- Foot Care Advice
- Anatomical and functional rehabilitation for conditions including:
- Hallux Rigidus (Stiff big toe)
- Hammer Toes
- Osteoarthritis (e.g. ankle, subtalar joint)
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Unstable ankle
- (Para)tendonitis (e.g. the Achilles tendon)
- Soft tissue or bone traumatic injuries (e.g. sprains, torn ligaments, fractures)
- Sports Injuries
- Plantar fasciitis - acanthosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Active Participation with:
- The Medical Association of Athens
- Hellenic Association: Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Orthopaedic Association of Germany “Berufsverband Deutscher Orthopäden BVO”
- Surgery, Foot and Ankle Association of Germany DAF, GFFC
- Physician to the Greek Wrestling Team
- Medical Committee of the German Wrestling Team “Deutscher Ringerbund DRB”
- Association of Sports Medicine, Hamburg, Germany
- Arm Therapy Association of Germany
- Anthropological Association of Greece
- Anthropological Association of Germany GFA
- Paleopathology Association
- Dr. Loukas Konstantinou
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Specialised Foot Surgeon
- PhD, Göttingen Germany
- Associate Professor P.D. 407 University of Athens
To support the above mentioned departments our Clinic offers:
Α. State-of-the-art facilities with:
- Modern imaging equipment (1.5 Tesla MRI, multislice CT scan 256, digital x-ray machines, electromyograph, bone density scanner, modern foot scanner).
- Sophisticated surgical facilities (modern refurbished operating theatres, superb technological support for arthroscopic and minimally invasive surgical procedures).
Β. Human resources:
- Specialised nursing staff.
- Physiotherapy support from a team of specialised physiotherapists.
xcellent cooperation with other specialties and labs in the Clinic help to fulfil the needs of the adult patient and allow us to solve all the problems of our patients.
The Orthopaedic Department of our Clinic is fully developed and performs Traditional Orthopaedics and Tramatology: acute and chronic conditions, bones-muscles-joints, fracture repair, joint arthroplasty (hip-knee-ankle-shoulder-elbow-phalangophalangeal) and minimally invasive surgery (arthroscopic hip, knee, ankle, shoulder, elbow, and wrist surgery – minimally invasive spinal and large joint surgery).